Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Welcome

Good evening! My name is Justin Havelock and tonight I am presenting the first in a series of reviews called The Oscar Police (bonus points if you can name where that opener is from). The Oscar Police (TOP) will review both classic and modern films to see if they have what it takes to make it at the Oscars.

There are 3 streams in which I will review movies: Best Picture winners, classics, and new movies. In the Best Picture series I will travel through film and Oscar history, watching and reviewing the 84 ½ Academy Award Best Picture winners (read about the ½ in my first blog post). The Classics series will cover popular hits throughout film history such as Citizen Kane, Pulp Fiction, Vertigo, Taxi Driver and Saving Private Ryan. The New Movies series will focus on current releases and how they might play into the Oscar season, highlighting potential nominees and culminating with an end of season analysis of the nominees in January and a Pre-Oscar finale of my predictions.

I encourage commentary on my reviews and of the films themselves and I look forward to some fierce discussions, however please keep your comments polite and try to give a couple reasons behind your views. I strongly encourage seeing the movies reviewed prior to reading my review to keep myself from preemptively influencing you. I will try my best to keep spoilers out of my reviews, however I will review as I see fit, meaning that there may be plot twists or character deaths discussed so consider yourself forewarned.

I will take requests for the Classics and New Movies series, as well as for ideas for future series. Please keep in mind though that I am doing this in my free time, so blog posts will come as my free time permits. I will post reviews at least once a week, more as I am able to.

Enjoy and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment